This guide is for Shopify merchants also selling the same products on Amazon.
Fulfilling Shopify orders for FBM products
Fulfilled By Merchant, popularly known as FBM, is when sellers list their products on Amazon and choose to ship products to each buyer by themselves. In other words, sellers are responsible for fulfilling their orders and do not rely on Amazon for the same. If an order for FBM product is placed on your Shopify store, you are responsible for shipping it.
Fulfilling Shopify orders for FBA products
FBA means Fulfilled by Amazon. With it, sellers store their products at the Amazon’s fulfillment centers, so that whenever customers place their orders, Amazon picks those products from the fulfillment centers and have them packed, shipped, and delivered at a faster pace. If an order for FBA product is placed on your Shopify store then you have the following options to get it shipped:
A. Ship it yourself
You can arrange to ship products manually using your preferred shipping partner.
B. Allow Amazon to ship it on your behalf
Use your inventory on Amazon's fulfillment centers to ship it directly to your customers on Shopify. This can be done via the following 2 methods:
1. Use Shopify's 'Fulfillment by Amazon' Service
Shopify has built-in integration with FBA. Once activated, your orders on Shopify will be automatically fulfilled using your inventory on Amazon fulfillment centers. For more information and activating this method follow the instructions provided here.
- This service is only available for Amazon sellers in the United States and Canada.
- You will have to configure the 'Inventory Location' of Push Settings in the Connectr dashboard to 'Amazon Marketplace Web'.
- The inventory for FBA products on Shopify will be managed by Amazon. There have been multiple cases where the inventory has not been updated correctly. Shopify provides minimal support for queries and troubleshooting inventory relates issues. Connectr app cannot update inventory for such products because it gets overwritten by Amazon service. We do not recommend this method.
2. Use the Amazon FBA Shipr app
The Shipr app will monitor orders on Shopify and automatically ship them via FBA inventory for all eligible SKUs.